No hazardous material will be accepted by Cal Overstock & Surplus.
Hazardous material includes:
- medical waste (Red Bag waste & Sharps)
- automotive wastes
- compressed gas
- controlled substances
- Mercury & PCBs
- photo processing chemicals
- surplus paint and spent solvents
- unlabeled chemicals
- radioactive waste
- non-hazardous liquid waste ( radioactive liquids, latex paint wash water)
- non-hazardous solid waste (light bulbs, smoke detectors, non-recyclable items)
- other material unsuitable for the trash can.
If in doubt contact the Office of Environment, Health & Safety at 642-3073, fax 643-7595.