Departmental representatives, intending to purchase for their Department, must:
- Fill out the portion of the Interdepartmental Order (IOC), with the Department name, the Requestor's name, email, and phone number, and the Authorizing and/or Approving signature
- Fill in the area of the IOC asking for a chart string
Once the item is paid for, it can be picked up. Delivery can be arranged for a minimal addition charge.
Purchased items only: 5 days @ $10 per day. If not picked up within 5 days, item will be deemed abandoned and resold.
IMPORTANT: Sales to Employees and Their Near Relative - UC Conflict of Interest Policy:
- No one employed in Business Services, or a near relative of such employee, may buy excess material from the University.
- No one employed in a department originating excess material, or a near relative of such employee, may buy any excess material originating in that department.
- The principal driver of a University-owned motor vehicle, or a near relative of such employee, may not buy that motor vehicle.
- Near relative is defined as husband, wife, mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, step-relatives and in-laws in the same relationships.
- See policy BUS-38
- Exceptions to these provisions must be presented in writing to Property Management and approved by the Vice Chancellor of Business and Administrative Services.