Campus Recycling and Refuse Services
Campus Recycling and Refuse Services has a program to help you recycle all paper and cardboard that you may not want to move. Phone 643-4612, or e-mail Lisa Bauer at lisabauer [at] uclink [dot] berkeley [dot] edu to receive extra recycling bins or additional recycling details. The Campus Recycler website provides other helpful hints.
Cal Overstock and Surplus
The Cal Overstock and Surplus will pick up small amounts of furniture and equipment at no cost.
A rule of thumb: The amount must not be more than one mover can move in 30 minutes.
Moving Services will coordinate your move of items to the Overstock Den as either an independent move or as part of a larger move. Recharge rates apply.
Please note: The following equipment requires special handling.
- Inventorial items must be submitted for disposal through BETS
- Refrigerator disposal requires an additional charge for Freon removal. Visit Refrigerator Disposal
- The movers and the Cal Overstock and Surplus Den will not handle items with a radioactive or biohazard label unless they have been certified as "cleaned" by Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S).
- Monitors that are visibly cracked/broken and/or showing tubes are considered Hazardous Material. Call the Office of Environment, Health & Safety at 642-3073 for disposal as the Cal Overstock & Surplus Den will not take them. For instructions about removing licensed, sensitive, or university software see Computer Equipment Disposal.
- Items that cannot be sold or recycled by the Cal Overstock and Surplus Den, such as broken wooden furniture, will be taken by the movers to the Davis Street Transfer station. Dump fees will be recharged to your order.
Please visit the Cal Overstock and Surplus website for more detailed disposal guidelines.